Important! For the following questions please check any that you experience now or check any that you have experienced in the past:
Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat
Please indicate typical food intake:
Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how your medical information may be used and disclosed and how you may gain access to this information.
This office is dedicated to providing service with respect and dignity. Protecting your privacy and health care information is fundamental during the course of our relationship.
We are required to tell you how we will be keeping your protected health information confidential. We are asking every patient to sign an acknowledgment form that they received this notice. This notice will remain in effect until it is replaced or amended by changes in the law.
We gather personal information and health information in several ways:
• Information we receive from you.
• Information we receive from other health care providers.
• Information we receive from third party payers.
Your Health Information May Be Used for the Following Purposes
1. You should be aware that during the course of our relationship with you we will likely use and disclose health information about you for treatment, payment, and health care operations.
2. We may use your health information to provide, coordinate and manage health care treatment or service. We may disclose health information about you to health professionals who are involved in taking care of you.
3. We may use information to receive payment from you, an insurance company, or a third party for services we provide.
4. We may use information for certain activities related to business functions of this office.
5. We may use and disclose health information to contact you as a reminder that you have an appointment or we may need to reschedule your appointment.
6. Unless you object, we may disclose your information directly as it relates to such person’s involvement in your health care or payment for such health care.
7. We may use and disclose health information to inform you about recommended possible treatment aftercare options that will benefit you.
8. We may disclose or use minimally necessary health information for other special situations such as public health activities, for averting a serious threat to health or safety, or for workers’ compensation purposes.
9. We will disclose minimally necessary health information about you when required to do so by federal, state, or local laws.
Right to Request Confidential Communications
You may specifically authorize us to protect health information for any purpose or to disclose our health information by submitting the authorization in writing. Such disclosure will be made to any personal representative with whom you choose to share your protected health information.
This office will not use your health information for marketing communications without your written authorization. This office may send you birthday cards, and newsletters, post cards, letters or calls
Upon written request you have the right to access, review or receive copies of your health care records.
Upon written request you have the right to receive a list of items this office has disclosed about your health care information.
You have the right to request that this office place additional restrictions on disclosure of your Protected Health Information.
You have the right to request that we amend your Protected Health Information. The request must be in writing.
You have the right to receive all notices in writing.
If you have questions, complaints, or want more information, please contact this office. Complaints about your privacy rights or how your privacy is handled at this office can be directed to the office manager by phone or in writing.
If you are not satisfied with how this office handles your complaint you may submit a formal complaint to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
DHHS (Office of Civil Rights) 200 Independent Avenue, S.W. Room 509F HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201
Informed Consent Form For Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
All service providers at Wintzer Acupuncture have received advanced degrees in their profession.
They hold active licenses in the State of Washington and their individual credentials are available to you upon request.
• Acupuncture, including the use of acupuncture needles or lancets to directly or indirectly stimulate acupuncture points and meridians;
• Use of electrical, mechanical, or magnetic devices to stimulate acupuncture points and meridians;
• Dermal friction technique;
• Point injection therapy (aquapuncture); and
• Dietary advice and health education based on East Asian medical theory, including the recommendation and sale of herbs, vitamins, minerals, and dietary and nutritional supplements;
• Breathing, relaxation, and East Asian exercise techniques;
• Qi gong;
• East Asian massage and Tui na, which is a method of East Asian bodywork, characterized by the kneading, pressing, rolling, shaking, and stretching of the body and does not include spinal manipulation; and
• Superficial heat and cold therapies.
I recognize the potential risks and benefits of these procedures as described below:
Side effects may include, but are not limited to the following: pain following treatment in insertion area, minor bruising, infection, needle shock, broken needle, temporary discoloration of the skin, aggravation of symptoms existing prior to the treatment, pneumothorax.
Patients with bleeding disorders, pacemakers, seizure disorders, or women who are currently pregnant, please notify the practitioner.
Potential benefits: Drugless relief of presenting symptoms, improved general health, elimination of the presenting problem, reduction of pain and associated symptoms.
With this knowledge, I voluntarily consent to the above procedures, realizing that no guarantees have been given to me regarding cure or improvement of my condition. I hereby release WINTZER ACUPUNCTURE, LLC and providing practitioners from any and all liability, which may occur in connection with the above mentioned procedures, except for failure to perform the procedures with appropriate medical care.
I understand that I am free to withdraw this consent and to discontinue participation in these procedures at any time.
Wintzer Acupuncture Financial Policy
Welcome to Wintzer Acupuncture. We want your experience here to be as pleasant as possible.
Please ask the staff or your practitioner if you have any questions. To acquaint you with our payment arrangements please review the following and sign in acknowledgement.
1. Self-Pay / No Insurance — Payment is expected at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, check, debit, HSA card and most credit cards.
2. Health Insurance Benefit Summary — As a courtesy, we will verify your insurance benefits when provided with your most current policy information. Your health Insurance is an agreement between you and your insurance company and it is your responsibility to be aware of your benefit plan. We are not responsible for any misinformation that the insurance company may give us. Wintzer Acupuncture will bill your insurance in a timely manner.
3. Health Insurance Payment — Most insurance companies require that you make a copayment, a coinsurance payment, and/or possibly meet a deductible. It is your responsibility to pay these amounts at the time services are rendered unless a specific agreement is made with the office manager. If your insurance company does not pay, the bill is your responsibility and must be paid within 60 days of denial. Any payments after 90 days are subject to the process of collections as initiated by Wintzer Acupuncture. A service charge of $25.00 will be assessed to the account per month after 90 days. We do not write off any balances that have processed towards your deductible - they are your responsibility as outlined by your specific insurance company.
4. Workman’s Compensation — Work related injuries are managed in conjunction with your employer and require you to have an open claim. Employers carry insurance for this type of injury and they must authorize care. It is your responsibility to provide us with a claim number and the contact information for your case manager. In the state of WA, LNI covers Low Back Pain only, up to 10 visits. Private Workman’s Comp has a broader range of coverage and must be approved by the case manager and the parameters of treatment must be specified prior to your initial exam and treatment. If you are working with an attorney and / or involved in a law suit, this information must be provided to our office so that we may appropriately manage your care.
5. Personal Injury Protection Insurance — This is also known
as PIP coverage and must be approved through the auto insurance policy responsible for the claim. You will need to provide Wintzer Acupuncture with the insurance company responsible, an open claim number, and your claim manager name and number prior to your initial exam and treatment. If you are working with an attorney and / or involved in a law suit, or have a previous open PIP case or are involved in a previously unsettled claim, this information must be provided
to Wintzer Acupuncture so that we may appropriately manage your care. When treating under PIP, your injuries must have been sustained in the incident and your provider will perform a comprehensive
initial evaluation and periodic re-evaluations to track progress; this information is sent directly to the company holding the claim. Denial of coverage for services is the financial responsibility of the person seeking care. Wintzer Acupuncture does not reduce the cost of treatment or settle for reduced payment in personal injury cases.
you attain a Personal Injury attorney, Wintzer Acupuncture may agree to a lien on a future settlement and accept no payment at the time of service with signed documentation in place. These arrangements need to be made between you, the attorney, and Wintzer Acupuncture. Ultimately you are responsible for any unpaid or denied claims of services rendered. If
6. Medicare — Medicare does not cover acupuncture services performed by a Licensed Acupuncturist and does not allow acupuncturists to be on their In-Network provider list. Senior Advantage plans with a Part C plan MAY have coverage for a set number of visits and Wintzer Acupuncture will call and verify this type of coverage. We are unable to bill Medicare directly. Any non-covered services will be your responsibility.
7. Missed Appointments and Late Cancellations — A fee of $60 will be charges for any missed appointments or late cancellations. Wintzer Acupuncture requires a full 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment. For a Monday appointment, you are expected to cancel by Saturday 5pm. This fee can not be billed to your health insurance, workman’s comp, or auto policy — it is your responsibility. You will be expected to pay this prior to your next date of service unless a plan is made for payment through the office manager.
8. Assignment of Benefits — By signing this form, you are authorizing that payment of medical benefits will be made directly to this office. If your insurance carrier sends payment to you for services rendered in this office, you agree to send or bring those payments
to this office upon receipt. If you choose to pay for your treatment
out of pocket and submit the receipts to your insurance company for reimbursement, payment will be sent directly to you.
9. NSF — There is a $35 non-sufficient funds fee for any returned checks in addition to what the bank charges for this. You are responsible for this balance within 60 days of notice.
10. Acknowledgment & Understanding — Please notify Wintzer Acupuncture and the Office Manager immediately if there are
any circumstances that prevent you from meeting these financial agreements. By signing this form you acknowledge that you
are financially responsible and liable for your account at Wintzer Acupuncture and agree to pay for all services rendered in our office. All efforts by Wintzer Acupuncture will be made to reach you regarding your account standing using phone, email, and standard mail services as provided by you in your New Patient Intake paperwork. It is your responsibility to provide the correct & most current information to us and a failure to reach you due to incorrect information does not delay your financial obligations and incurred fees due to non-payment.
Any account that is left unpaid for greater than 6 months and including our efforts to contact you will be subject to collections.
Please sign electronically below.
Click submit and you hereby give consent to sign this document electronically.